Do you want to list all or your most recent posts according to categories/labels? Well then, you’ve come to the right tutorial.
I’ve seen people use LinkList gadgets to accomplish this. However this method requires them to MANUALLY add the link (of the post) to the gadget every time they publish a post with the specified label. Not good.
No more slow and tedious manual updating and rearranging. Sounds good? Here we go:
1. Installing the first list
- Login to your Blogger account.
- Go to Design > Page Elements.
- Click Add A Gadget.
- Enter a label as the title of your widget.
- Copy the code below and paste it inside the content box.
- Click Save.
YOUR_BLOG_URLin code line 21 with your own blog URL. For example if you were to list posts from BloggerSentral.com, you would have to replace it with
http://www.bloggersentral.com(without the trailing slash).
YOUR_LABEL(line 21) with the label. Labels are case sensitive, make sure you get it right.
- Replace the value of
SHOW_HOW_MANY(line 21) with the number of posts you want to display. To show all posts, use 500 (I believe 500 is the maximum. If you have more than 500 posts under a certain label, do leave a comment, we’ll work something out).
- The titles are bulleted due the use of ordered list
<ul>. If you want them numbered instead, just replace
ul(in line 5 and 18) with
2. Adding subsequent lists
- You don’t have to copy the whole code. Just copy the codes in lines 21 and 22 into each gadget.
- Make sure your first list (which contains the full code) is positioned on top of all other lists.